Looking for answers on how to watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV? You’ve stumbled into the right place.
Hulu offers the Hulu + Live TV package that has access to Unlimited DVR for no additional charge, allowing you to record your favorite episodes and view them later. Besides that, you may record several episodes at once, fast-forward through recorded material, and save Live TV recordings for up to nine months!
For those who want to cut the cord on their cable, Hulu Live TV is an excellent potential substitute. Here’s everything you need to know about how to watch live TV on Hulu if you’re thinking about switching.
How Can I Get Hulu Live TV on Android TV?
Log in to begin streaming if your Android TV comes with the Hulu app already installed. If not, adhere to these instructions to get the app:
- Register for ExpressVPN on your computer.
- Visit the Google PlayStore on your Android TV.
- Download the app, then log in.
- Connect to one of the listed US servers.
- Open the Hulu app on your Android TV.
- Click on “Live TV” on the home screen.
- Flip your device vertical during playback or click on the exit full-screen button.
- Choose your favorite channel.
- Start streaming Hulu Live TV on Android TV.
Note: Several Android TV models are available for download, but keep in mind that not all of them will be compatible with the Hulu app.
Activate MediaStreamer on ExpressVPN
With the aid of Media Streamer, you may install ExpressVPN by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- Navigate to and log in at the ExpressVPN Smart DNS page.
- Search the email for a verification code and enter it there.
- Register your IP address by choosing the option.
- Get the IP address you’ll need later by visiting the ExpressVPN Setup Page.
- Power on your Android TV.
- Go to Menu and select “Network” and then “Network Status.”
- Connect your TV to the internet.
- Select IP Settings.
- Choose DNS settings, then manually type in the IP addresses you previously noted.
- Get the Hulu app on your Android TV and start streaming!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock Hulu Live TV on Android TV?
Due to the geo-restrictions that apply to it, Hulu is only accessible for streaming in only a few areas. This is when using a trustworthy VPN becomes useful. You may choose the location of your desired server after installing a VPN and start watching Hulu.
Additionally, a VPN protects you against online dangers, including malware, cyberattacks, DoS (Denial of Service), and phishing. It also masks your IP address and online identity because streaming sites are the ones most susceptible to security risks online.
Therefore, you need a VPN to access Hulu if you’re a streaming enthusiast living outside the USA. We recommend ExpressVPN for the best Hulu experience.
The Best VPNs for Hulu Live TV on Android TV
We examined more than 50 VPN service providers that assert to function well on Hulu without any buffering or latency troubles in order to aid our users in making the top streaming VPNs for Hulu Live TV on Android TV selections. The following three VPNs were chosen after careful examination as the best VPNs for 2022 to access American Hulu from abroad:
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV
Total Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94+ | American Servers: 23+ in 14+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Simultaneous Connections: 5
ExpressVPN, which debuted in 2009 in the British Virgin Island, is at the top of our list of the best VPNs because of its abundant lightning-fast servers, clever security measures, and other features. It has more than 3,000 highly tuned servers spread throughout 90+ countries that can unblock a variety of VoD providers, including Hulu.
After connecting to a New Jersey server to test the Express VPN on a 100 Mbps connection, we got lightning-fast download speeds of 87.15Mbps and upload rates of 94.69Mbps, thus proving that this VPN successfully avoids geo-restrictions and provides lag-free viewing.
Numerous devices, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Nook HD, Kindle Fire, Smart TVs, Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV, etc., are compatible with ExpressVPN. A single membership allows you to connect up to 5 devices at once, enabling you and your friends to watch a wide range of fantastic Hulu content.
Verdict: With its MediaStreamer function, ExpressVPN makes sure that you can safely stream Hulu originals on your Android, knowing full well that it isn’t compatible with VPNs. Moreover, with a 30-day money-back guarantee, purchase ExpressVPN’s yearly bundle for $6.67 and save 49%.
ExpressVPN Hulu Testing
Express VPN’s powerful servers do a wonderful job of effortlessly accessing Hulu. Here are our suggested options.
- USA – New Jersey-3
- USA – Washington DC
- USA – New York
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Verified "No-Logs" Policy
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- Headquartered in BVI
- 3,000+ Servers in 90+ Countries
- Split Tunneling/Network Kill Switch
- No Free Trial Available
2. Surfshark: Affordable VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV
Total Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 90+ | American Servers: 500+ in 20+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited
Due to its excellence and cost, a very proficient streaming VPN that launched its service in 2018 is currently regarded as an all-rounder. It has 3,200 servers spread over 60+ countries, which can unblock additional channels like Voot, Apple TV+, Disney Plus, Netflix, and more.
Surfshark’s United States- Los Angeles server provided us with amazing 87.28Mbps download and 83.98Mbps upload speeds over a 100 Mbps connection. Simply sign up for Surfshark VPN and connect to an appropriate US server that works well in your area to enjoy buffer-free Hulu watching.
The best aspect is that, unlike other VPNs, Surshark permits simultaneous viewing on an unlimited number of devices with a single subscription plan. Get a 30-day money-back guarantee with this VPN for $2.49/mo (81% Off on 2 Years Plan).
Verdict: The obfuscation mechanism used by Surfshark enables the unblocking of a variety of streaming services, including Hulu. With this function added to its list of attributes, which also includes GPS Spoofing, Multihop Connect, and Bypasser, Surfshark is a must-have for everyone who enjoys streaming!
Surfshark Hulu Testing
These American servers of Surfshark offer the fastest streaming in 4K on Hulu Live TV on Android TV:
- United States – Los Angeles
- United States – Miami
- United States – Boston
- United States – Detroit
- Unlimited Simultaneous Logins
- No-Logs Policy Audited by Cure53
- 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS/Android
- 3,200+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- No Split Tunneling on iOS
3. NordVPN: Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV
Total Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 60+ | American Servers: 1,970+ in 15+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.5 | Simultaneous Connections: 6
Despite the fact that NordVPN was just introduced in 2012, its extremely fast servers continue to give it a distinctive place in the VPN industry. One of the biggest networks uses NordVPN as a center. It has over 5,200 servers spread over 60+ countries.
We even tested the #3097 US server for Hulu unblocking and performance, and on a 100Mbps connection, we got lightning-quick download speeds of 91.67Mbps and upload rates of 88.38Mbps.
You may easily connect up to six different devices simultaneously with a single NordVPN account, which is a value-added feature. The good news is that you can try out the 7-day free trial for Android, iOS, and macOS and have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you decide not to use it.
Verdict: NordVPN’s WireGuard protocol and AES-256-GCM encryption technology secure your online data. While viewing TV series and movies on Hulu, you can even use tools like CyberSec for protection against pop-ups and advertisements.
NordVPN Hulu Testing
These are the American NordVPN servers, which always offer first-rate support and make unblocking Hulu a breeze.
- 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Audited by PwC Switzerland
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- Headquartered in Panama
- 5,000+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Split Tunneling/Network Kill Switch
- Downtime issues on some servers
Can I use a free VPN to watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV?
There is a very little chance that employing a free VPN program will allow you to view Hulu Live TV on an Android TV device. This is why:
- Hulu blocks most free VPNs because they can’t keep up with IP ban revamps.
- You won’t be able to stream quickly and uninterruptedly because they limit your data and bandwidth.
- The VPN service cannot be used with Hulu due to fewer servers dispersed over a few locations and a high number of customers demanding its limited bandwidth.
- There is no encryption used, and there are no latency times. Your device becomes suspicious of malware as a result of the sale of your information and online activity information to third-party vendors, making your online presence susceptible.
These are just a few of the reasons why we never advise our readers to use a free VPN. Instead, you may sign up for a high-end VPN that is designed for streaming, such as ExpressVPN.
How Do I Sign Up for Hulu Live TV on Android TV
There are three possible payment methods for Hulu outside of the US. Scroll down to find out more about that.
It is in your best interest to know that you need to implement these procedures on your desktop pc, or mac device before you finally head to watching Hulu Live TV on the big screen.
1. Pay for Hulu via a Gift Card
If you reside outside of the US, you may still subscribe to Hulu by purchasing a validated gift card from MyGiftCardSupply or GiftCardCabin. The procedures listed below can be used to pay for Hulu using MyGiftCardSupply.
- Get ExpressVPN and connect to a US server.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and open the “Shop” page.
- Tap “Hulu Cards.” and top up your wallet.
- Fill in your payment information.
- Receive the gift card number in your email.
- Navigate to Hulu’s “Redeem Gift Card” section and enter the gift card number.
- Select a Hulu Live TV bundle of your choice, i.e., with or without ads.
- Enter 90210 (US zip code) to start watching Hulu Live TV on Android TV.
2. Pay for Hulu via StatesPay (Virtual Credit Card)
With the help of StatesPay, foreigners may create a virtual American credit card. This makes it the best option for purchasing things from Hulu, Disney+, iTunes, and other online services.
It’s critical to keep your Hulu membership active. You have to top off your account each month to cover that.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to a US server
- Sign up on the StatesPay official website and top up your wallet.
- Navigate to the Hulu website and tap on “Start Your Free Trial”
- Choose a Hulu Live TV bundle of your choice, i.e., with or without ads.
- Enter your Hulu credentials and account details
- Hit the “Continue” button
- Use the StatesPay Virtual Credit Card to enter your payment method
- Add a US Zip code, and watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV!
3. Pay for Hulu via Revolut (Virtual Credit Card)
StatesCard and Revolut are the two virtual prepaid card providers you may use to sign up for Hulu outside of the United States. But to acquire a US IP address for that, you’ll need a VPN. So let’s go on to the next step without further ado.
This collection of recommendations utilizes StatesCard as an example.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to a US server.
- Enter your information to register for Revolut.
- To validate your Revolut account, check your email.
- Top up your StatesCard using Paypal and Revolut via bank account.
- Check out the Hulu website and select a Live TV plan.
- Choose “Start Your Free Trial.”
- Enter your login, password, and account information.
- Click “Continue.”
- Type in the Revolut Card as the payment method.
- Add a US ZIP code to access unlimited Hulu Live TV outside of America!
What Channels Can I Watch on Android TV via Hulu?
Here are the channels you can watch on Android TV via Hulu after connecting with a server located in the USA:
|Adult Swim||HBO Max||Starz|
|BBC America||Hulu Original Series||Telemundo|
|Discovery||Nat Geo Wild||VH1|
|Food Network||National Geographic|
|Cartoon Network||Disney Junior||Nickelodeon|
|Disney Channel||Disney XD||Universal Kids|
|ABC News||Bloomberg TV||FOX News|
|Big 10 Network||ESPN College Extra||NBC Sports|
|CBS Sports||FS1||Olympic Channel|
Add-on Premium Channels
By paying a few additional bucks, you can include what Hulu calls ‘add-ons’ to your Hulu Live TV package. These upgrades give you more premium channels and enhanced entertainment options with your regular streaming package. Add-ons are organized by categories such as sports, entertainment or Español (language) :
|NFL RedZone||FanDuel Racing||Outdoor Channel|
|American Heroes Channel||Discovery Family||MTV2|
|BET Her||Discovery Life||MTV Classic|
|CNBC World||Magnolia Network||Science|
|Cooking Channel||Great American Family||TeenNick|
|Crime + Investigation||Military History Channel|
|CNN en Español||ESPN Deportes||NBC Universo|
|Discovery en Español||FOX Deportes|
|Discovery Familia||History Channel en Español|
How do I update Hulu Live TV on Android TV?
You can examine if the app needs to be updated if it is installed. You can do that by adhering to the following steps:
Go to Apps > Google Play Store > My Apps from the Home screen menu. For this to function, you might require the most recent Android TV system software.
On the Home screen, go down to Settings > Help > System Software Update > Upgrade Now (if there are any system software updates available.)
How to Watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV: FAQs
You might run into a few issues when looking for and setting up a Hulu VPN. The following answers to the most frequently asked questions might help.
Here’s how you can watch Live TV on Android TV:
- Navigate to the Home screen on your Android TV.
- To reach the “Apps” row, scroll down.
- Pick the Live Channels app.
- Click “Select.”
- Choose Program guide.
- Select a channel and watch Live TV on Android TV.
Here’s how can watch Live TV on Hulu on TV:
- On your smart TV, open the Hulu app.
- Find and click on the Live TV icon at the top of the screen.
- Hulu will load the Live TV guide.
- Choose the station you wish to view on your remote and then press OK.
- The Live TV station you have chosen will load on Hulu.
Here’s how to watch Hulu on a smart TV if you’re a resident of the United States or have your VPN configured:
- Search for Hulu in the app store on your smart TV.
- Install the Hulu app
- Sign in to the Hulu app with your credentials.
- Launch Hulu and find the content you wish to view.
The reason Hulu might not be working on your Android TV could be because of a slow VPN server that is incapable of bypassing Hulu’s tough geo-restrictions. Please verify that you are not, at any cost, using a free VPN. We advise using ExpressVPN to avoid all such hassles. An outdated Hulu app can be another cause of this happening. Also, try clearing your cache and cookies from your device.
Unplug the TV and the router, and hold down the power switch for the TV for 10 to 12 seconds. After some time, wait for the TV to reset and then see whether you can access Hulu + Live TV. The second technique includes deleting the Hulu app’s cache and data to reinstall and watch some interrupted Hulu Live TV.
The devices that work with Hulu live TV are Android phones and tablets, Android TV (select models), Apple TV (4th generation or later), Chromecast, Echo Show (8, 10, and 15), Fire Tablets, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, iPhones and iPads, LG TV (select models), Nintendo Switch, Mac and PC browsers/apps, PlayStation*, Roku (select models), Samsung TV (select models), VIZIO SmartCast TVs, Xbox, Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box, Xfinity X1 TV Boxes*, and Contour 2 and Contour Stream Player*.
And this is how you do it. So now that you understand how the technicalities work, it’s finally time to taste the heavenly goodness of some quality Hulu Live TV. Its true patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Go on, try it to know just how much! And as always, we’ll see you next time you’re distressed and need us to sweep you off your feet!