Are you trying to figure out how to watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV? Well, you’re about to get lucky because we were just going to go on about that! Join us to get an understanding of the gist of it all right now.
Did you know you could save your favorite episodes and watch them later with Hulu’s Live TV service, which comes with unlimited DVR access for no extra cost? That and you have the option to record multiple episodes at once, skip forward in recorded content, and save Live TV recordings for up to nine months!
Suffice to say, Hulu Live TV is a top-notch potential cable replacement for anyone who wishes to cut the cord. So, If you’re considering switching, this guide will teach you how to watch live TV on Hulu on your Smart TV.
How Can I Get Hulu Live TV on Smart TV?
If your Smart TV already has the Hulu app installed, log in to start streaming. If not, follow these steps to get the app:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN on your computer.
- Visit the Google PlayStore on your Smart TV.
- Download the app and log in to your account.
- Connect to a US server. Connect with the New Jersey-3 server for optimum speeds and prime-quality streaming.
- On your smart TV, open the Hulu app.
- Find the Live TV icon at the top of the screen by navigating there. Click the Right arrow button after selecting the Up button on your remote. Then press the Down button. To access the Live TV Guide on Smart TV, swipe up while the video is playing.
- The Live TV guide will load on Hulu. There is a menu for All, Recent, My Channels, Sports, News, Movies, and Kids on the left side of the screen.
- You will see that the All, Recent, and My Channels are ordered by tiles in alphabetical order. Depending on the time slot, Sports, News, Movies, and Kids will be arranged in thumbnail form.
- Select any channel on your remote and press “OK.”
- The Live TV channel you have chosen will load on Hulu.
Activate MediaStreamer on ExpressVPN
You can set up ExpressVPN using Media Streamer by performing the actions detailed below:
- Visit the ExpressVPN Smart DNS page and log in there.
- Look for a verification code in the email and enter it there.
- Select the option to register your IP address.
- Visit the ExpressVPN Setup Page to obtain the IP address you’ll require later.
- Launch your Smart TV.
- Select “Network” from the menu, followed by “Network Status.”
- Connect with an internet connection on your TV.
- Choose IP Settings and then select DNS settings.
- Manually enter the IP addresses you previously obtained there.
- Watch Hulu Live TV on your Smart TV by following the above-mentioned steps!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Unblock Hulu Live TV on Smart TV?
Hulu, which is accessible only in the US due to isn’t license and copyright agreements, is the leading American subscription streaming service that mostly everyone wants to get their hands on. In fact, even more advanced than Netflix’s firewall is Hulu’s VPN geo-restriction.
However, Virtual private network (VPN) technology encrypts all internet traffic going to and from your computer and directs it through a VPN server in a location of your choice. By doing this, you can appear on Hulu as if you are in the US, giving you access to all the shows.
So, problem solved! Now you can easily stream Hulu Live TV on Smart TV!
The Best VPNs for Hulu Live TV on Smart TV
In order to assist our readers in choosing the best streaming VPNs for Hulu Live TV on Smart TV, we looked at more than 50 VPN companies that claim to work well on Hulu without any buffering or latency issues. After thorough consideration, the following three VPNs were selected as the top VPNs for 2022 to allow international users to access American Hulu:
1. ExpressVPN: The Best VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV
Total Servers: 3,000+ | Countries: 94+ | American Servers: 23+ in 14+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.7 | Simultaneous Connections: 5
The British Virgin Islands-based ExpressVPN, which made its debut in 2009, tops our list of the best VPNs because to its large number of lightning-fast servers and innovative security mechanisms. Its more than 3,000 servers, which are dispersed across more than 90 countries, may unblock a number of VoD providers, including Hulu.
We used a 100 Mbps connection to test the Express VPN in New Jersey, and we received blazing-fast download and upload speeds of 93.00 Mbps and 91.40 Mbps, demonstrating that this VPN properly circumvents geo-restrictions and offers lag-free streaming.
ExpressVPN is compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, Nook HD, Kindle Fire, Smart TVs, Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV, etc. With just one membership, you and your friends can stream a ton of amazing Hulu videos on up to 5 devices simultaneously.
ExpressVPN ensures that you may stream Hulu Live TV on your Smart TV thanks to its MediaStreamer feature. You can additionally save 49% when you get ExpressVPN’s yearly package for $6.67 with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN Hulu Testing
The strong servers of Express VPN are excellent at quickly and easily viewing Hulu. Here are some suggestions we have.
- USA – New Jersey-3
- USA – Washington DC
- USA – New York
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Verified "No-Logs" Policy
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- Headquartered in BVI
- 3,000+ Servers in 90+ Countries
- Split Tunneling/Network Kill Switch
- No Free Trial Available
2. Surfshark: Affordable VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV
Total Servers: 3,200+ | Countries: 90+ | American Servers: 500+ in 20+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.3 | Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited
A highly capable streaming VPN that started offering its service in 2018 is now recognized as an all-arounder due to its superiority and affordability. It can unblock more channels like Voot, Apple TV+, Disney Plus, Netflix, and more due to its 3,200 servers scattered across more than 60 countries.
We received an astounding 85.58 Mbps download and 83.31 Mbps upload speeds over a 100 Mbps connection from Surfshark’s United States- Los Angeles server. To view Hulu without any lag, just sign up for Surfshark VPN and connect to a suitable US server.
The finest feature is that Surshark allows simultaneous streaming on an unlimited number of devices with a single subscription plan, in contrast to other VPNs. With this VPN, you can get a 30-day money-back guarantee for $2.49/mo (81% Off on 2 Years Plan).
Surfshark Hulu Testing
These Surfshark American servers provide the quickest 4K streaming on Hulu Live TV for Android TV:
- United States – Los Angeles
- United States – Miami
- United States – Boston
- United States – Detroit
- Unlimited Simultaneous Logins
- No-Logs Policy Audited by Cure53
- 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS/Android
- 3,200+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Headquartered in BVI
- No Split Tunneling on iOS
3. NordVPN: Fastest VPN to Watch Hulu Live TV on Android TV
Total Servers: 5,400+ | Countries: 60+ | American Servers: 1,970+ in 15+ Cities | Trustpilot Rating: 4.5 | Simultaneous Connections: 6
Even though NordVPN was only released in 2012, its incredibly fast servers have helped it stand out in the VPN market. The hub for one of the biggest networks is NordVPN. Over 5,200 servers are spread out over more than 60 countries. Your online data is protected by the WireGuard protocol and AES-256-GCM encryption technology.
On a 100Mbps connection, we even tested the #3097 US server’s Hulu unblocking and performance, and we received lightning-fast download and upload speeds of 89.97Mbps and 86.51Mbps. Rest assured, you’ll find zero IP, DNS, or any WebRTC leaks using this one.
A value-added feature of NordVPN is the simplicity with which you can connect up to six devices at once. The good news is that you have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you decide not to use the 7-day free trial available for Android, iOS, and macOS.
NordVPN Hulu Testing
These are the American NordVPN servers, which always offer first-rate support and make unblocking Hulu a breeze.
- 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Audited by PwC Switzerland
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- Headquartered in Panama
- 5,000+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Split Tunneling/Network Kill Switch
- Downtime issues on some servers
Can I use a free VPN to watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV?
A lot of online streaming sites, including Hulu, now prohibit connections from even well-known VPN servers, least of all the free ones (which are mostly the first ones to get caught.)
In free VPN systems, too many users share very limited servers and bandwidths, making what is happening quite clear to Hulu. Whereas premium VPNs, such as ExpressVPN, have systems that have multiple users simultaneously sharing dozens or even hundreds of IP addresses.
If you’ve ever used a free VPN, you might be very comfortably accustomed to the following message appears:
“Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the US. If you’re in the US, you’ll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu.”
For this reason, not just any VPN service will do- most definitely not free VPNs. Not only can they not bypass Hulu’s strict firewall rules but also be a cyber threat to your online presence.
How Do I Sign Up for Hulu Live TV on Smart TV
For Hulu outside of the US, there are three payment options. To learn more about that, scroll down.
Know that you must carry out these steps on your desktop computer or Mac device before moving on to watching Hulu Live TV on your Smart TV.
1. Pay for Hulu via a Gift Card
You may still subscribe to Hulu even if you don’t live in the US by buying a gift card that has been validated from MyGiftCardSupply or GiftCardCabin. You can use MyGiftCardSupply to pay for Hulu by following the steps given below.
- Get ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US server.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and open the “Shop” page.
- Tap “Hulu Cards.” and top up your wallet.
- Enter your payment information.
- Receive the gift card number in your email.
- Go to Hulu’s “Redeem Gift Card” section.
- Enter the gift card number there.
- Select a Hulu Live TV bundle of your choice.
- Enter 90210 (US zip code.)
- Watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV.
2. Pay for Hulu via StatesPay (Virtual Credit Card)
Foreigners can create an American credit card with StatesPay’s assistance. As a result, it is the greatest choice for purchasing items from online services like Hulu, Disney+, iTunes, and others.
Maintaining your Hulu membership is essential. To cover that, you must top off your account each month.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Sign up on the StatesPay official website.
- Top up your wallet.
- Navigate to the Hulu website.
- Click “Start Your Free Trial”
- Choose a Hulu Live TV bundle.
- Enter your Hulu credentials and account details
- Hit “Continue”
- Use the StatesPay Virtual Credit Card to enter your payment method
- Add a US Zip code.
- Watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV!
3. Pay for Hulu via Revolut (Virtual Credit Card)
The two virtual prepaid card services you may use to sign up for Hulu outside of the US are StatesCard and Revolut. But you’ll need a VPN to get a US IP address for that. So without further ado, let’s move on to the next phase.
This set of suggestions uses StatesCard as an example.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US server.
- Enter your information and register for Revolut.
- Check your email to verify your Revolut account.
- Top up your Revolut account via bank account and StatesCard using Paypal.
- Check out the Hulu website
- Select your preferred Live TV plan.
- Choose “Start Your Free Trial.”
- Enter your login, password, and account information.
- Click “Continue.”
- Type in the Revolut Card as the payment method.
- Add a US ZIP code.
- Watch Hulu Live TV outside of America!
What Channels Can I Watch on Smart TV via Hulu?
Here is the enormous list of channels and networks you can access through your Smart TV if you access Hulu connecting with a US server.
|Adult Swim||HBO Max||Starz|
|BBC America||Hulu Original Series||Telemundo|
|Discovery||Nat Geo Wild||VH1|
|Food Network||National Geographic|
|Cartoon Network||Disney Junior||Nickelodeon|
|Disney Channel||Disney XD||Universal Kids|
|ABC News||Bloomberg TV||FOX News|
|Big 10 Network||ESPN College Extra||NBC Sports|
|CBS Sports||FS1||Olympic Channel|
Add-on Premium Channels
You can access premium channels with your regular Hulu package via the following Hulu Live TV offers add-ons that start from only $5/month. Below, we’ve divided the premium add-ons by genre:
|NFL RedZone||FanDuel Racing||Outdoor Channel|
|American Heroes Channel||Discovery Family||MTV2|
|BET Her||Discovery Life||MTV Classic|
|CNBC World||Magnolia Network||Science|
|Cooking Channel||Great American Family||TeenNick|
|Crime + Investigation||Military History Channel|
|CNN en Español||ESPN Deportes||NBC Universo|
|Discovery en Español||FOX Deportes|
|Discovery Familia||History Channel en Español|
How do I update Hulu Live TV on Smart TV?
Samsung automatically receives updates from Hulu. This is to say, every time you open Hulu, you should see the most recent version of the app.
To manually check for any software upgrades on your Smart TV, go to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
How to Watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV: FAQs
We understand you’re dazed. These answers might abate a few dangling queries you can’t find elsewhere.
Here’s how you can get Hulu live on my smart TV
- Search for Hulu in the app store on your smart TV.
- Install the Hulu app.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Find the content you wish to watch and launch Hulu.
- Start your streaming!
The Hulu app is not supported by all smart TVs. You should have no trouble installing the Hulu app if you have an Android TV or Fire TV. A few models from some TV manufacturers, including Samsung and LG, are also compatible.
Unplug the TV and the router, then hold down the power switch for the TV for 10 to 12 seconds. After some time has passed, wait for the TV to reset and then see whether you can access Hulu + Live TV. The second technique includes deleting the Hulu app’s cache and data.
You must close and reopen Hulu if it keeps crashing on your Samsung Smart TV in order to fix the issue. Update the Hulu app if a new software update is available. Reset your Samsung smart TV and see if there are any accessible firmware upgrades.
Here’s how you can watch live streaming on my Smart TV:
- Plug in your streaming device.
- Connect to the internet.
- Sign in to your Hulu account.
- Tap “Live TV” on the home screen.
- Click on the exit full-screen button.
- Choose your favorite channel.
- Start streaming Hulu Live TV on Smart TV.
All LG TVs running webOS 3.5 or later come pre-installed with the Hulu app. With LG Smart TV webOS apps, you can explore a whole new world of entertainment. content from YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Video, Netflix, and many other streaming services.
The Hulu + Live TV app is compatible with all recent Roku hardware. These include the Roku Streaming Stick+ and the set-top boxes Roku Express and Express+, Roku Premiere, and Premiere+, as well as the media hubs Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku TV, Roku Ultra, and Roku Ultra LT.
You get the idea how to watch Hulu Live TV on Smart TV. Hopefully, this will get you through the beginner’s predicament. So, get ready for endless binge pleasure and fulfilling all your streaming needs in one subscription! We wish you a Happy Streaming on your Smart TV!