In a world where the rollouts in the streaming business are only increasing, it is natural to want to not commit to one. Understanding this and the recent declining curve of Netflix subscribers, we have created this guide on how to cancel Netflix on Roku devices.
The key is to actually unsubscribe and not delete your account, which Netflix users quite often forget. Netflix has an auto-renewal system that renews the subscription for you as the next month begins. So, for that to not happen, you need to actually deactivate your account.
This article includes everything a Roku user should do to cancel their Netflix subscription once and for all.
The Steps You Need to Follow
There’s no shame in not knowing the steps to the procedure, really. Just follow any of the two methods provided below and save your precious dime every single month.
Method 1: Cancel Netflix Membership via Roku Device
Here are the instructions you should follow to end your subscription today on Roku devices:
1. Start your Roku Device.
2. Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
3. Choose “Netflix” from your channel lineup.
4. Press the “Star” button on your remote.
5. The screen will show the following options.
6. Choose “Manage Subscription”.
7. Select “Cancel Subscription”.
8. You can either choose to keep your subscription till the expiration date or remove the channel on the spot.
Method 2: Cancel Membership via the Roku website
If you think the previous method isn’t the route you’d like to take, here’s how you can terminate your subscription through the Roku website instead.
1. Go to the Roku website and log in.
2. Open the “Manage Account” menu.
3. Click on “Manage Your Subscription”
4. You’ll see all your subscriptions and their information.
5. Select the Netflix tab and choose the “Unsubscribe” button.
6. And that’s that, you’re done!
How to Sign Out of Netflix on a Roku Device
You may update your Netflix account on Roku by logging out of Netflix on the newer Roku devices through the following method:
- Launch your Roku device.
- Click on “Netflix” from the channels list.
- Click on “Menu” on the Netflix home screen.
- Select ‘Get Help’ or navigate to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Sign out’ and then confirm.
Which Roku Devices Do Not Work with Netflix?
Netflix will remove its management and functionality from the following Roku devices because of technical restrictions:
- Roku SD Player
- Roku XR Player
- Roku SD Player
- Roku HD Player
- Roku 2000C
- Roku 2100X
- Roku 2050X
Top Reasons to Reconsider Netflix Membership on Roku
- Available on all mainstream devices.
- Plans that fit all budgets and families.
- Ad-Free service on all subscriptions.
- New Movies/TV Shows every month.
- Netflix Original Content (available worldwide).
- Unblock new content libraries with a Netflix VPN.
Best Netflix Alternatives on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When it comes to understanding how to cancel Netflix on Roku, you may come across a few concerns. Below we answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
If you encounter problems while using Netflix, try restarting your Roku device or contacting Netflix help to learn the root cause.
You are free to discontinue your Netflix free trial on Roku at any time; however, you will continue to have access to the service until the conclusion of the trial period. In this case, you will not be billed for the following month.
If you’re having trouble using Netflix on Roku, try these steps:
1. Restart your Roku device
2. Plug out and then plug it back in
3. Check your internet connection
4. Log in to your Netflix account again.
Hope this guide helped you out, but if Roku isn’t your mode of streaming Netflix, you can find out the cancellation process for iOS, Android, Firestick, and Smart TVs. If you still feel dazed and confused, feel free to drop a comment below!